The last blank from the magic Bobalu slab

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

251838_384612711598800_486667889_n.jpg

198369_384612774932127_285317669_n.jpg

So, here's the final pen from a slab made by Bobalu. He unloaded the slab on me thinking it wouldn't be any good when made dizzy. These have all been great turns, and the consistency of the blanks has been top-notch. No brittle spots, etc. I'm kinda sad to see it go, I had it on tubes for a good 6 or 7 months before I finally turned it. But, it's done and there's no turning back. Hopefully it takes a while to sell. I always love showing these off after they're finished.

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice looking Pen and blank. I will be pouring something almost like that except it would not have any blue/purple as the third color. I have started making the bandless pens now as I think it gives the blanks a better showing. I will be posting the latest of my pen and my pouring soon. I will put you on my list for a FREE pair of
blanks. Be sure to PM me your mailing address.

Sataro

Sharp looking pen. I really like the colors in that blank. Seeing all of these fantastic colored blanks makes me want to learn how to cast a blank.

Drstrangefart

Sharp looking pen. I really like the colors in that blank. Seeing all of these fantastic colored blanks makes me want to learn how to cast a blank.

Casting itself isn't too hard. I've cast a few of my own and was really happy with the results when I had my method figured out. If you do decide to go for it, try to go straight into vertical casting, the results are a LOT better.

Top Bottom