The Jeep got even....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Well, my Jeep got even with me today for calling it a stupid dang Jeep.

She took pity on me and didn't want to teach me a hard lesson, just a reminder. As I posted, the Jeep was used to move that drill press today. I used it to drive for work today and on my way to my first stop I was on a secondary highway and just took off from a light when about 75 feet past the light something just felt wrong.
As I pulled off the road it got worse. I hit the 4-ways and got out to look. A quick peek under gave me the view of my rear drive shaft hanging and no u-joint caps left. What really stunk is my front axle cable controls broke over the winter and I had not fixed them yet. So I was stranded and had to call a shop I deal with to tow it. He was nice and let me use a lift to swap in a new u-joint so I could get back to work. The best part is I was only a mile or two away from him and they did not charge me for the tow. $20.00 later (and some donuts to drop off for the shop later) and it was all fixed.

Thought y'all would get a kick out of that as it's the first think I thought of when it broke! :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Originally posted by jughead

JEEP

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

[^]

Sorry Lee but that was funny.

By the way, a fella at work has a Jeep and he was talking about some sort of manual, cable activated deal for the 4 wheel drive switch. Didn't know if you knew of it, thought I should mention it.

Firefyter-emt

Steve, I have one of those, the cable slipped off the fork that locks the front axle. I planned to fix it this spring and just had not gotten around to it yet. They work nice, but can throw most people who try to use it. You must first shift the transfer case and the while moving pull the cable out until the front axle engages. You can tell when it locks in. The nice thing is that if I leave the axle unlocked, it gives me a 2WD low range.

When I was in high school, I drove an 84' T-Bird. As I was going down the highway my girlfriend at the time said it was ugly. That night, at the furthest point from home, the battery died. I told her she had to get out and pat it on the hood and appologize.

Top Bottom