The Isabelle-Rose (A tribute to Dawn)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Firefyter-emt

Well, going way back to sometime early this year, or maybe even the end of last Dawn Kizer was commissioned to create some artwork for me. Well, life has been busy and I never got back to finishing off what she sent me back. This pen has a special flower, a day lily, hand painted on it. This day lily is named after my daughter and an official registered flower the "Isabelle-Rose".

This was done on a powder-coated tube and cast in clear PR. If I were to do it again, I would have cast the tubes in black PR, turned them undersized, had them painted and then re-cast. I had problems with the PR separating from the tubes. (More so with the powder-coat due to the lack of adhesion, sanded powder-coat worked better)

This will soon be going to my mother-in-law as a birthday present. She has a little collection of my pens now and loves to show them off.

Isabelle-Rose.jpg

PS, Dawn, if you see this, drop me a line...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

LOL
Yeah, I guess you have. How about a pic of the actual lilly. I've seen the young lady the blank and now the finished pen You might as well complete the set.

ldb2000

Thanks, most all of the kudos go to Dawn, heck the rest is just a PR cigar of no account.

Lee , thats a PR Cigar of no account ? , I wish my pens that do count looked as nice as that one .
That is absolutely Stunning , you both created a pen of great beauty , Dawns painting is spectacular and your turning of that pen is fantastic . :worship:

Firefyter-emt

Thanks guys for all the comments. I wish I had the set up to take really nice photo so you could see it in the best of light.

Butch, what I was trying to say is that the pen itself is not special, it is just a ho-hum cigar without Dawn's artwork on the pen.

Top Bottom