The Holy, Unholy, and a few others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lyonsacc

lyonsacc

Here are some pens I turned over the past month or so. We shall start off with the holy and unholy :).

Bethlehem Olive Wood on the top, middle and bottom. The 2nd from the top is a Jim Beam Whiskey barrel and the 2nd from the bottom is a Jack Daniels Whisky barrel.
12-16-14 059 2.jpg

Next is a sierra with shredded money. I glued part of a $1 bill to the tube instead of painting it.
12-16-14 061 2.jpg

Here are 2 acrylics. The top is a "Carribean Waters" Rhino and the bottom is a "Blue Skies" blank from BSEA - this one looks better in person.
12-16-14 064 2.jpg

Some curly koa (my first time turning this wood - it was dustier than I expected). But it is a real beaut. I'll be sure to pick up a few more sticks of this.
12-16-14 047 2.jpg

And now for an OOPS. This is Mother of Pearl Gemstone. You probably won't notice the crack hiding under the clip or the slight hint of the brass tubes showing through. Didn't think I would have to backpaint this one . . . Oh well, live and learn!
12-16-14 051 2.jpg

I hope everyone has a great holiday season with family and friends!

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

That isn't an OOPS............That is just plain BEAUTIFUL.
My wife screamed ... "I WANT THAT!"
I think I like the "Carribean Water" and "Blue Skies" the best.....But that is just my personal tastes.

They ALL look great. You do nice work.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice group of pens Dave. I have some of the Blue Skies from Bsea that are on the docket for next week (A Navy Guy pen).

I looked for the flaws in the MOP gemstone and couldn't find any... Looks beautiful from here!

The shredded money came out very nice. This is not easy to do; a lot of detail work! Great job!

Top Bottom