The Great, Great, Great Gatsby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

I love the Gatsby pens, but always tought they were a little stuby and didn't show enough grain or blank. So, this is what I came up with. It's a PSI Gatsby with Satin fittings. The blank is stretched from 2 inches to 3 3/8ths inches by using a longer tube. Buy 10" long spare tubes. The Celtic knot is streched out to make a long oval as it's focal point, with two outside rings of flashing and a 3-ply Black/Red/Black Pic Guard. 8 coats of thick CA finish. I made an aluminum extenshion for the transmission to work the point. Pen now measures 6 3/8 inches long and looks more proportioned, and feels much better in the hand. One of the photos shows it next to a normal sized Gatsby. As an after thought, I would keep the length down to 6 inches or less so it will fit into plastic holders and pen boxes. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0001 (640x231).jpg
    DSCF0001 (640x231).jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF0002 (227x640).jpg
    DSCF0002 (227x640).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 147

plantman

I forgot to add that the blank is Chakte Kok also known as Redheart. The other pen is a PSI Gatsby in 24k Gold with Pic-guard rings and cross in three-ply Black/White/Black. Also a CA finish. Jim S

Top Bottom