The first pen from the Brooks803 blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

200718_155238661202874_100001502242963_325172_2916944_n.jpg

Made this one a few minutes ago for the missus. I was insanely curious what it was gonna liik like on the inside and about halfway through I figured (correctly) she'd really want it. Small issues with fit because I forgot to clean the bushings off, but it was a great blank to turn down, and it seemed to agree with the way I do things. CA finish followed by MM.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

I really like the blank. I bet if you paint the inside of the blank a dark blue or purple it would be really cool. I also agree with Gary; no need to CA, just MM and polish.

ctubbs

Allen, between you and Brooks, that is one beautiful pen. If your wife does not want it, I am pretty sure I can fine it a loving home. Your fit and finish is very good.
Charles

Drstrangefart

I think it may have been a dulled tool combined with not being familiar with that particular material. And the wife ain't parting with that pen anytime soon. I wonder how much more of those blanks would cost....

Brooks803

I think it may have been a dulled tool combined with not being familiar with that particular material. And the wife ain't parting with that pen anytime soon. I wonder how much more of those blanks would cost....

Looks great Allan! I'm thinking dull tool. I use a carbide tool and get ribbons all over the place. Happy your wife likes it too! If you want more just let me know! I'm planning on making it to the April 2nd meeting in ATL and can make more to bring if you're planning on being there.

Drstrangefart

Looks great Allan! I'm thinking dull tool. I use a carbide tool and get ribbons all over the place. Happy your wife likes it too! If you want more just let me know! I'm planning on making it to the April 2nd meeting in ATL and can make more to bring if you're planning on being there.

I have indeed cleared some time for the april 2nd meeting. Look forward to seeing you up there. As far as I know I'm planning to bring a pile of ginormous pine cones for pen blanks to trade as well.

Top Bottom