Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 1_Nappy155BumbleBee.jpg

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 1_Penl8the-Ligero.jpg

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome to the 2014 version of the IAP's annual Featured Pen Contest!

This is where the members will choose their favorite Featured Pen from the Twenty-Three pens that have graced the front page of your favorite on-line penturning community during the previous year.​

There will be three rounds of voting this year.
Round One begins on February 1st and will include all Twenty-Three Featured Pens. Round 1 voting will end February 9th.

Round 2 voting will begin on February 9th and will include the Eleven pens that received the most votes in round one. In the event that there is a tie for 11th place all pens tying for 11th will be included. Round 2 voting will end February 18th.

Round 3 voting will begin on February 19th and will include the Five pens that received the most votes in round two. In the event that there is a tie for 5th place all pens tying for 5th will be included. Round 3 voting will end on February 27th.

The results of round 3 voting will determine the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the Featured Pen Contest.

Prize for 1st place includes a Certificate from the IAP and a Cap/Apron/Smock ($115 value) courtesy of Timber Bits!

Prize for 2nd place is a bundle of 10 Le Roi Elegant LB component sets ($80.00) courtesy of Smitty's Pen Works!

Prize for 3rd Place is a Hot Stuff Pro (Glue) Kit ($40 value) courtesy of Satellite City Instant Glue and a Box of Blanks ($25 value) courtesty of GaryMGg!

Each of these pens is already a winner by virtue of being selected to represent the IAP to the world on the site's front page. I'm sure that the artists who created these beauties will appreciate you taking the time to cast a vote!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

I hate to rain on the parade but it gets very confusing as for which pen you are voting for. There is no divider between the poll results and the radial button is not lined up in the middle of the image.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I hate to rain on the parade but it gets very confusing as for which pen you are voting for. There is no divider between the poll results and the radial button is not lined up in the middle of the image.

The button is at the bottom left of the photo. Not much that can be done as the poll is a built in of the software.

Nick

The button is at the bottom left of the photo. Not much that can be done as the poll is a built in of the software.

Very plain to me and I am 71 years old.

edstreet

Very plain to me and I am 71 years old.

Try this, log out and look at this thread. you will clearly and plainly see a HUGE difference. That template is what we should be seeing when we are logged in but for some reason we are not.

longbeard

Voted. I thought it was easy to tell the differance also. Once you clicked the "radial button", the image is outlined in black.

Harry

stonepecker

There is NO WAY to pick just one from all these beautiful pens
We should have been allowed to vote for at least TWO.

Everyone of these pens is a winner.

edstreet

Interesting to note, we have 0.04% of the population voting on this thread (yes I counted) it becomes quite interesting for several reasons. First you have the question that should be answered "what makes the cut" to be on the front page, then you have questions like why some pens did not make it on the front page.

The vote itself here seems to be missing many elements. Perhaps the real voting question should be based on what elements in a photo should be cut worthy vs what your favorite is. By saying 'pick your favorite' you are essentially removing a broad spectrum of what represents IAP.

For example, say I like the color blue. I am ask to pick my favorite so I pick whatever blue is available. Now say that choice I picked is missing many elements as to what reflects IAP over the past year :)

Look at it another way to, which pen in the above listings best reflects IAP over this past year. <<- something like this should be what each of us should be voting for.

As for the number of votes perhaps with this bump ;) there will be more people voting and give a better sample of the overall viewers.

Last edited:

lyonsacc

It seems pretty simple Ed. Jeff picks a picture of a pen he likes based on whatever he wants to base his "judging" on. Then members vote for the one they consider their favorite based on whatever feature of the picture/pen they decide to vote on.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You do know Ed, that you can just post "shameless Bump" and save us all alot of needless reading. At one point Jeff actually posted his general criteria for picking pictures. My memory is fuzzy but I think it involved pen pictures, wine, a dart board, and a dwarf.

edstreet

You do know Ed, that you can just post "shameless Bump" and save us all alot of needless reading. At one point Jeff actually posted his general criteria for picking pictures. My memory is fuzzy but I think it involved pen pictures, wine, a dart board, and a dwarf.

Perhaps so but a 'shameless bump' would not have netted 5 votes in one hour and clearly facts dictate otherwise ;)

Last edited:

mbroberg

Round 1 voting ends tomorrow. Take a few seconds and vote for your choice of Featured Pen of the Year.

mbroberg

Round 1 voting is now closed and the results are available for all to see. There will be 13 pens in the Round 2 poll. I will get that poll posted ASAP.

Top Bottom