The Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I hope you are all bringing your "A" game for this contest. We have some seriously well made beautifully designed pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I hope you are all bringing your "A" game for this contest. We have some seriously well made beautifully designed pens.

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!!! We were supposed to be bringing our "A" game? That wasn't in the rules. :wink: Now everyone who is still working on their pen will have an advantage! :rolleyes:

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Ed
Just think of it as handicapping the big dogs. That way it wont seem so one sided!:biggrin: If fact you might swell up and swagger around the house after that thought. For a minute or two anyway.:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It seems prudent to list the entry's I have so you can verify that yours was recieved.

In no particlular order.
Serenitywoodworks,
Twissy
Crabcreekind
dgscott
JohnU
JohnGreco
RichF
John Den
BRobbins69
Firewhatfire
fitty
Parklandturner
Brooks803
Sparhawk
DaleCamino

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will post the pens tomorrow morning. The judges will be notifies as well and as soon as they make thier selections I will post a poll for the voting.

I tried to enter a blank into the color casting but Jonathon knew it was a blank he made and gave to me so I didnt do to well in that contest. It would be better if that guy would drink then maybe he wouldnt remember every blank he has ever made.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its now about supper time here on the east coast. Enjoy a nice meal and then get your butt out to the shop and make a pen, take a picture,(maybe 3) and submit it in the contest. West coast people we are not on Island time get those pens done and get em in. We are getting down to the wire and it will soon be to late.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have 3 more super stars sneaking their pens in at the last part of the day.
I have an entry for Leatherman,Invisible Man and Daleandjeno8, that brings us up to 18 Entries so far. Far short of the 14,000 I expected. Thats ok,it is still a tough field and there are some really great pens.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We just had 2 more entries sneak in with less than an hour left to go.
johncrane and Turbowagon,
Thanks guys. That brings us to 20 entries and if you hurry we could slip a couple more in.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Less than Half an hour by my clock. I want to thank all of you that decided to enter this contest making a great start for the first year that we have had the Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen contest.

Thank you Jim Baker 79 for sneaking one in:biggrin: I will be here to midnight holding the door open for any and all that are running it to the last minute.:biggrin:

jmbaker79

Glad It made it!!! I will let you slide on calling me Jim, seems to be the thing lately! My grandmother in law :biggrin: still calls me all sorts of names!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Well that looks like the close of the entries for the Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest. Good luck to all of you that entered I will post pictures tomorrow morning first thing. and then the poll as soon as my judges pick the top 5

Top Bottom