The Concava pen kit!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalepenkala

I hope this has been posted before and I didn't see it, (and I dont look stupid!) but I have turned 2 of the PSI Concava pens and when I'm done with them they look great!

Problem is when you go to write with the pen the tip just rotates back into the barrel. :confused: The first one I made I thought that maybe it had a bad transmission so I bought a couple more and the same thing happens.

You can actually push down vertically on the pen and watch the top barrel rotate as the cartridge tip goes back inside the barrel! :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just missing something?

Thanks much!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I junk all 7 mm transmissions from PSI and replace them with transmissions from Berea for 1.75 each

I do the same,but use the Artisan ones from CSUSA.Really nice action with 1 drop of gun oil worked in.No more junky,notchy,or feeling like there's grit in there.-They only cost .69 each,may want to try one for youself since there's such a big price difference.

Steve

panamag8or

I junk all 7 mm transmissions from PSI and replace them with transmissions from Berea for 1.75 each

I do the same,but use the Artisan ones from CSUSA.Really nice action with 1 drop of gun oil worked in.No more junky,notchy,or feeling like there's grit in there.-They only cost .69 each,may want to try one for youself since there's such a big price difference.

Steve

I don't see those on the website.

ossaguy

They are not on it,I just ask on the phone.The part & is 9797040001.I get them in a bag of 10.

Steve

sbell111

I hope this has been posted before and I didn't see it, (and I dont look stupid!) but I have turned 2 of the PSI Concava pens and when I'm done with them they look great!

Problem is when you go to write with the pen the tip just rotates back into the barrel. :confused: The first one I made I thought that maybe it had a bad transmission so I bought a couple more and the same thing happens.

You can actually push down vertically on the pen and watch the top barrel rotate as the cartridge tip goes back inside the barrel! :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just missing something?

Thanks much!

This could be a bad transmission, but the more likely cause is a transmission that is pushed in to the wrong depth. If the transmission transmission is pushed in too far, then the refill will contact the tip and keep the transmission from turning far enough to go into the 'locked' position.

When you twist the pen, you should see the refill tip extend and then fall back into the locked position. If the refill only extends, but does not fall back, likely the transmission is pushed in too far (or the blank was milled too aggressively and is now shorter than standard, it works out to the same thing).

Last edited:
Top Bottom