The best news I've heard all week!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

OK maybe this doesn't excite many people but I just got the email flier from Beartoothwoods that the Ultra-cigar is now available in two-tone chrome. It looks very nice! It's certainly not for everyone, it's pretty eccentric.

I avoided this pen b/c I do not like 24K plating, but now that it's available in two-tone chrome (in two different patterns also), I'll be adding this one to my inventory.

I'm glad that more suppliers are using more and more chrome, it's pretty tough (though not impervious) and very affordable. I like the chrome Zen from CSA, it's been good pen for me, as is their chrome sketch pencil.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clthayer

I took a quick glance at them and noticed the clip and nib are opposite plating. Don't know why, but to me they should to be the same. I'll have to try a couple and see if they grow on me.

redfishsc

clthayer, you're right about that, but if you buy equal numbers of both combinations, you can swap them out----- I think YoYoSpin was the first I saw do that, and they looked great.

IPD_Mrs

I have to agree with Bruce on this one.

Red if that is the best news you have heard all week you should venture out just a little more.:yawn:

:bananen_smilies104:

redfishsc

Lol, this past week was the last week of a Koine Greek intensive at the seminary. I had no choice but to barracade myself into study.

Class was Mon-Fri, 3 hours in the morning plus about 6 hours of home study/translation per day.

At this point, watching the bug zapper sounds like a superbowl caliber event:bananen_smilies027:

bitshird

And now folks we know the difference between Tennessee and North Carolina. :eek:

Mike

Lord if that were the only difference :foot-in-mouth::foot-in-mouth:, yeah well all you guys have is things like culture, an ocean, good fishing, civilization,honest politicians. but we got Memphis (care to trade) I thought not!!!!

brycej

I took a quick glance at them and noticed the clip and nib are opposite plating. Don't know why, but to me they should to be the same. I'll have to try a couple and see if they grow on me.

Berea Hardwoods does this with a number of pens. I understand their logic, I just don't really agree with it. For example, chrome with satin chrome accents will have a chrome nib and all other "smooth" part will be chrome. The "accent" pieces will all be satin chrome. So the rings at the nib, center band and clip will be satin...and so will the clip as it is considered and "accent" piece...the design on it matches the design on the rings.

You can always buy one of each of the platings and switch the parts around as you like. :)

ldb2000

Sorry Gary...Not here in the great state of pay to play :befuddled:

I think that this is a much better combination of platings then the gold/chrome combo

Last edited:

redfishsc

Lord if that were the only difference :foot-in-mouth::foot-in-mouth:, yeah well all you guys have is things like culture, an ocean, good fishing, civilization,honest politicians. but we got Memphis (care to trade) I thought not!!!!

Honest politicians!!!??? ? :confused::confused::confused: :confused: Man we just sent a pile of them to prison for fraud, one of the dudes was like in his 70's.

I used to live in SC (hence my "last name") and I thought we had crooked folks in office there, I hadn't seen anything until I moved up here.

Anyway, sorry to hijack my own thread:bad::rolleyes:

Top Bottom