"The Best Laid Plans"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

I had my pirate pen planned out in my mind and it was beautiful. I spent more time on this pen than any other. Has a little picture of the 'Galley Washington' built by Benedict Arnold. All this effort and it looks like bilge water. I have to share my grief:(

20061025215339_ivory.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I think you're being too hard on yourself. It's difficult to tell a lot from the photo since the material appears to be black, but from what I can see it looks pretty good. To take it a step further, you might want to consider doing away with the CB or maybe just the gold ring and maybe changing the finial. Ask Eagle, he knows about first iterations as do a lot of other folks here, sometimes they just reveal what you need to do next. Keep at it and you'll get what you want.

JimGo

I think it's a REALLY cool idea. I think it would have looked better on another kit, like a Jr. Gent or even a Gentleman's, but it looks pretty neat as it is. I agree with Gerry, do away with the CB and consider even counter-sinking the lower barrel into the upper. On the positive end, the beadwork looks great, and I like the way the added "ivory" touch in the lower barrel carrys the theme through the entire pen.

Ron Mc

Share your grief? I really like the look of this pen. You have obviously put a lot of thought and work into this!
One of the nicer pens I have seen.[:D]

chisel

Originally posted by Jamie
All this effort and it looks like bilge water.

I kind of like it.

Bilge water, it is not. It may not have become everything you wanted, but it is still very interesting.

I like it.

Skye

Normally I would say it's so complex it hurts itself, but I really like it. It's not a clean looking pen. It's a dirty, almost ancient looking. Reminds me of something a pirate would use. The art on the scrimshaw is a little weak, but I still really like it.

Scott

Jamie,

I have to tell you this. I was looking at your pen, trying to figure out what there was that detracted from it, and a co-worker came in, took one look, and said "Wow, that's a pretty pen!"

You need to know that different people have different tastes. As long as you do good work, you should go ahead and try to sell the pen, because there is bound to be somebody that will love it and have to have it!

I actually think the pen is pretty cool!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom