The bamboo Imperial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from simomatra

simomatra

The Bamboo fountain pen, from GPW, dressed in Afzelia Xlay burl. Many thanks to Al for sending me the blank, Al it has been well worth The wait mate.

The finish is sanded and polished to 12K mm and then 20 coats of Minwax polish followed by Plastx car polish.

Before the pen goes to its new owner it will have a limited special edition Heritance ® nib fitted I will post in this thread when the new nib is fitted.

P1030408.jpg

P1030409.jpg

P1030411.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

WOW that bamboo has some fantastic grain. I do a lot of bamboo and for the most part it is straight grain. Just a little figure around the knuckle. But never seen bamboo like that before. Great job on the pen.

Hey Al were did you get bamboo like that. I like to here where the bamboo came from any story on the bamboo.

Thanks for sharing

leehljp

Member Liaison
I have ordered several Afzelia Xlay blanks and none look as good in real life as they do in the vendors picts. But yours look great! Excellent job!

bruce119

Daaa silly me the trim on the pen is bamboo not the wood. :foot-in-mouth:
Geees I never was good at reading :confused:

Still a very good looking pen :biggrin:

broitblat

That's a great looking piece of Afzelia and well matched to the components, but the workmanship and finish is what really makes that a great pen.

-Barry

Top Bottom