Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

It may not get said enough here but THANKS to all who run this site and who participate in it and are so willing to share their ideas and thoughts. I am extremely new to pen turning so I am just soaking this all up but i have noticed on occasion already a few things. One is and I know sometimes it is a little annoying especially to the old pros when a topic gets brought up a few times in different ways but I have been able to pick up new info in each topic even though it is the same question so please do not get mad when people ask the same questions it really does help. Also have been noticing the fantastic work and finishes alot of you are producing and hope to get close to these with plenty of practice. hopefully in the near future as my work load decreases. But I just enjoy coming here and looking at all the fine work being done. It truely is eye candy. Did not realize there is so many different kits on the market today. Boy what choices.

Anyway just wanted to make a point and say THANKS!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boomer

I agree with the origional thread but I would also like to thank all the members that have also contributed to helping with input on questions. I have learned alot from this site and really appreciate all the help. Thank you all.

skeenum

I am new to pen turning, therefore, I don't feel qualified to answer questions from members concerning the ins/outs of making pens.
I am qualified to testify that this site has been a great help to me as I have undertaken this most interesting hobby. I have posed a few questions (which received immediate answers). I have received PM's from several distinguished members concerning how-to's on various subjects, and, I have picked up many tips along the way.
To each and every one, I say thanks along with the other members listed above.

madwood

I gotta chime in here with much gratitude for the folks that run this site and all those who contribute. I've been turning pens only for a short time, but have come back here many times to search out info on technique and such that are just not available anywhere else. The expertise here is simply astounding and has certainly flattened out my learning curve substantially. I aspire to someday be as good as many of the folks here, but without their knowledge and inspiration, would probably have given up awhile back.

I do hope that in the future, I can be as much to this forum as many of the "old timers" have been...but that time is still a ways off!

John

fbiv1

thank you

I want to reiterate the thanks that is being given. The information that is given is great and greatly appreciated. One of these days I may make a pen that I feel is good enough to sale. So far have given away about 100 pens. I did make pens for the high school graduates that looked good. Red acrylic sierra's. I am working on cartridge pens for hunters in the family. All of these are due to the advise that I received here. So again I say thank you and God bless you all.

Scott

Thanks to all of you for being part of the IAP, and for participating here! It takes all of us, at all different skill levels, to make this place work.

When you need to ask a question, please ask the question. If you feel inclined to search the archives first, then by all means do that search. But please don't be afraid to ask a question here. We are all friends, and we have all 'been there", needing to ask those questions. As you learn and gain in your own skills, soon you will be answering other questions. This is a big part of why we are all here!

I think I learn something new every time I visit this place! And I've been visiting longer than all of you! (Well, except for you, Jeff!) ;-)

Scott.

Top Bottom