Thanks Whaler!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I started to make a single barrel pensar last week. Then, at the very end I took a chunk out of the end of the blank. So, it went back on the bottom of the "to-do" list.

After seeing the pen this afternoon, it got escalated!!!!

Here is my interpretation of the gunmetal pensar, with a single barrel of midnight Stardust.

I think I will carry this one for a while:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for looking and always interested in your comments!!
Ed

Attachments

• Pensar single tube midnightstardust-small.jpg
    Pensar single tube midnightstardust-small.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 496
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I didn't care for the double barrel Pensar but I like the single barrel. I think it's a masculine look pen that would be popular with the guys.

What length tube did you use on this?

Karl_99

Great looking pen, Ed! These pens look much better with a single piece barrel. The Midnight Stardust looks very nice as well. That may make a great gift for a friend who is an astronomer...

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
A Sierra blank is about 1/8" too long. I've made a couple with the short divided blanks, and do not like them. Made a couple more with a single tube. A single tube however is quite nice.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to all for your comments:

I took the advice Dick (Whaler) gave. Assemble the two tubes onto both ends of the center piece and you find an overall length of 2.075". (Just over 2 &1/16). So I made the tube about 2.09", figuring I would lose a little when I faced it.

Something you MAY have noticed, the trim ring is missing from under the clip. (Ed did not read the directions carefully enough). This means the refill retracts JUST far enough. I don't recommend this!!!!

Ed

JohnU

Nice work Ed! The blank and plating with the knurled metal work perfect together. Glad to see you got a little sanity building shop time in, even if it were a little stressful. :)

Top Bottom