Thanks for the prayers, folks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thought I'd take a minute to post an update on Shirley (LOML's SIL). She was moved from ICU to her own room tonight. They are still watching her condition due to the concussion, but the brain bleed is of no concern for the docs since it is on the outside of her brain and not inside. Her left shoulder is broken from the seat belt and her right is shattered from something hitting her when the semi rolled. She also has some broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung, but is recovering. She recognized her family (son, daughter and siblings) as soon as they walked in the room Sunday evening, but didn't know where she was or why they were there. She dosen't remember the accident (this is normal under the circumstances), and was unaware that Dickey was no longer with us. Her daughter told her Sunday night, but she couldn't remember that from moment to moment at least through yesterday. No word about that today as it isn't that unusual. They are hoping to transfer her to a hospitial closer to home this weekend. The family truly appreciates all the thoughts, prayers and kind words. Again, thank you all so much! It means a great deal.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I was just informed that her right shoulder needs complete replacement. It's just too damaged to repair. I also found out that the brain bleed is what caused the one blown pupil. They aren't considering it serious and said the brain will reroute itself.

Top Bottom