Thanks Exotic Blanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brewtang

brewtang

This is one of the new Cambridge Fountain Pens all dressed up in Dawn's Merlin's Magic!!

Wood%20Stuff
Wood%20Stuff
Hopefully I did this beautiful blank justice!

Billy

Attachments

• merlins cambridge.jpg
    merlins cambridge.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brewtang

Yeah, sorry. I was having technical difficulties. It's up there now. On a note related to what you said...Do you know why streets in Paris are lined with trees? The Germans like to march in the shade...

Kaspar

Oh, there's the picture! Yes, that is the Cambridge Ultra, and I'm really glad to see what the Gold Ti with Silver accents looks like. That is a VERY nice kit, and it has the one improvement everyone has wanted to see in the Churchill / Cambridge/ El Grande design: the nib coupler is all metal: not plastic threads within a metal sleeve.

Where did you get that? AZ Sil doesn't have the fountains yet.

Last edited:

Kaspar

Ah! Thanks!

One that side note: I do enjoy a good round of frog-bashing as much as the next man, but truthfully, living next to Germany is not a recipe for unbroken military success. And it was the French who blew up a Greenpeace boat and killed three or four eco-warriors when they tried to interfere with their nuclear testing in the South Pacific. So the French as weaklings isn't exactly true.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, what a beautiful pen! I'd say you did the blank proud! Did the whole thing well, matter of fact! :cool:

Kaspar

Good job on the kit and blank.

As to the kit itself: there's just one thing bugging me about the design. The didn't get rid of that black band at the bottom of the centerband. When I do those, I'm going to turn that off and customize it. Got to do something with it. It just ruins it. Berea has great ideas but their execution is never quite right, IMNHO.

PR_Princess

Very nice combination Billy!! That new Cambridge really goes well with the Magic blank. Not to mention that you did a great job on the turning!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom