Thanks Ed for the Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MTViper

MTViper

A few weeks ago, Exotic Blanks put their cigar pens on sale. They featured a starter set of 3 exotic platings - antique copper, brass, and silver (CSB Trio). They also featured a new plating with a prism effect (PrismTrio). So I ordered 3 of those too. These kits are the highest quality. Great fit and finish. Pictures below give the results. CSB Trio are Camelthorn/Copper, Bocote/Brass, & Blackjack Oak/Silver. PrismTrio are Thuya Burl, Bethlehem Olive, and Canarywood. The only problem I had with these kits is deciding whether I would share them or keep them all myself.

Attachments

• CSB Trio.jpg
    CSB Trio.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 108
  • PrismTrio.jpg
    PrismTrio.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 112
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The finished pens are wonderful. The platings are great, but I also admire your choice of timbers - very nice. Thanks for sharing. Camelthorn... intriguing.

MTViper

The finished pens are wonderful. The platings are great, but I also admire your choice of timbers - very nice. Thanks for sharing. Camelthorn... intriguing.
Thanks Mark, I ran across Camelthorn in a pack of exotic woods a few years ago and fell in love with it. It's fairly hard and straight so it turns easily and finishes beautifully. Rarely any tool or sandpaper marks. The red-brown color pairs well with copper. That pen is for my youngest son who likes copper plated pen kits.

Mine is the Thuya Burl. It is turned and sanded through the micromesh grits, but has no finish on it. I love the smell of the wood so I leave it unfinished.

sorcerertd

Nice! I really like the antique finish cigar kits. I still have a few around here to make. Camelthorn is an interesting wood. I made a magic wand with some a while back. The prism kits look fantastic in holly (at least I think so).

MTViper

Nice! I really like the antique finish cigar kits. I still have a few around here to make. Camelthorn is an interesting wood. I made a magic wand with some a while back. The prism kits look fantastic in holly (at least I think so).
Thanks Sorcerer. I actually have some holly, may have to give it a try. Have to restock first

Top Bottom