Thank You!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Landon (Hunter-27) deserves a round of applause for the job he did on the Spring PITH. Thank you Landon. Most of you probably do not realize how much work goes into organizing a "simple" activity like this. It's no small task!

Also deserving of a hugh IAP THANK YOU! are:

SGM Retired, GoodTurns, Sbwertz, bitshird and RHossack. these fine, upstanding members stepped up and provided pens to individuals who had partners that did not come through for them. Thanks to these members every participant in the PITH (to the best of our knowledge) received a pen. Thanks again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Landon (Hunter-27) deserves a round of applause for the job he did on the Spring PITH. Thank you Landon. Most of you probably do not realize how much work goes into organizing a "simple" activity like this. It's no small task!

SGM Retired, GoodTurns, Sbwertz, bitshird and RHossack. these fine, upstanding members stepped up and provided pens to individuals who had partners that did not come through for them. Thanks to these members every participant in the PITH (to the best of our knowledge) received a pen. Thanks again!

Thanks Mike. I don't want Ernie (EBorraga) to be left out. He also stepped in to help with a replacement pen for an individual.

ctubbs

Landon's idea of using a simple very common and "lowly" base material for this PITH was outstanding. It pushed each of us to exceed our limits to produce something special that would show off this 'simple' wood. Great job and thank you, Landon.
Charles

G1Pens

This was my first PITH and it was great. It was really fun exchanging pens and seeing the posts of everyone else's trades. There were some great pens made from the lowly pine.

Thanks Landon for taking this on. I know I enjoyed it.

obone

pith

this was only my second pith what challenge!! The pictures that everyone has posted show much more I have to learn!! Thanks

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

SGM Retired, GoodTurns, Sbwertz, bitshird and RHossack. these fine, upstanding members stepped up and provided pens to individuals who had partners that did not come through for them.
Thanks to these members every participant in the PITH (to the best of our knowledge) received a pen. Thanks again!
Not quite yet! Although I have all the faith in the world of the USPS and Canada Post.

I'm certain my partner has forwarded my swap pen, it just hasn't arrived yet.

You guys will be the 2nd to know as soon as I receive it!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Landon and your support team as well. There are some great ideas and friendships that came out of this one.

MarkD

Great job Landon. Thanks so much for running the PITH ( my first ). I was questioning you when you decided that Pine had to be used, but now I am very glad you did. The results were awesome.

Rounder

It is never as easy as it looks to organize something like this. And when it looks effortless, it means it was handled with great care and professionalism. Many and large thanks are due to all involved from the top to the bottom. It was my first to be involved in and I hope not the last. It gives you a whole new outlook at this species of wood and what can be done with it. The lowly pine is not so lowly anymore in my book.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Great program!! I am still waiting to get a pine pen from my partner. I guess things do get in the way and don't get put on the front burner.

bitshird

I really ragged on Landon for putting the Pine PITH thing on us, BUT after doing it, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually it stepped up the game, and was not as bad as some high dollar spalted woods and burls I've turned, so Thanks Landon, you did a great job.
Now it's up to Canada Postal folks to figure out where the devil Bob Burt's pen is, it's getting cold and lonely with nothing but another pen to keep it company.

phillywood

I thank Landon for the effort to put on the PITH and managing it. I also appreciate other members mentioned above for their jumping in and helping out for someone else to get their pens. However, the statement in red is not all true since I didn't get my pen and I didn't get chance to send a pen to my PITH partner, although I explained to Landon that why I could not fulfil my commitment. I posted to withdraw from the PITH since I knew my situation wad not going to allow me to meet the deadline,but was not to any avail. well, now I am band from future participation even though I had a legitimate reason for it. No one has seen any pens posted in this site from me from the last one I did and that's a pretty good indication that I have not made any pens.

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'll agree that I would of never made a pine pen before this. My mind has changed alot in the last month. I've seen some pretty awesome pens made for this. Thanks again Landon as I know you're glad to see the end is near!!

kovalcik

I joined the site too late to participate in the Spring PITH, but enjoyed seeing how people responded to the challenge. I hope to participate in the next one. My work won't compare to most of the beautiful works I saw, but I definitely want to give it a go.

IPD_Mr

Landon is just a stand up guy all around. When he says he will do something he does it come heck or high water, and he does it right.

Thanks Landon for not only the PITH but in everything you get involved with on here.

penmaker1967

thanks Landon for doing a good good on the pith. it was my second one that i had done and it was real fun. making me do things that i could never thought that i could do. as well work with a wood that i thought would be a big pain to work with but turned out very reasonable to do. thank again

Top Bottom