Thank you Frank Wright

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

A big thank you to Mr. Frank Wright who sent a bevy of cigar labels along with three sets of his pours. The blue acrylic was to have a complimentary blue cigar label but it would not have worked as planned. The tubes were painted and the results very good. The acrylic was hard and needed to be carefully milled on the lathe. Secondly were the two brown blanks that, as they set on the counter top, looked muddy and unappealing so a commitment to place a label was predetermined. Well heck, the finished, polished blank was beautiful and I did not want to place a label on it and go through the gluing process. It looked messy as I had ruined a nice finish but it came out.
No comments, just kudos' to Frank and a thank you from me. I have something in mind for you in return that will test your abilities.

Pens - 8-19-12 Acrylic Frank Blue Swirl 1.jpg

Pens - 8-19-12 Acrylic Frank Blue Swirl 2.jpg

Pens - 8-19-12 Acrylic Brown Cigar Label Frank 1.jpg

Pens - 8-19-12 Acrylic Brown Cigar Label Frank 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wright

Hey John, how about that!! You have some fabulous pens there! I love the cigar label pen. I like cigar pens also. You should be proud of those.

Jgrden

Hey John, how about that!! You have some fabulous pens there! I love the cigar label pen. I like cigar pens also. You should be proud of those.

It seems that when you start a thread with "Thankyou.." no one bothers to read it. I am disappointed. I think your blanks are just great.

John

It seems that when you start a thread with "Thankyou.." no one bothers to read it. I am disappointed. I think your blanks are just great.

John
haha... start it with (custom) and you will get a ton of lookers. Maybe even a few comments.
I assume you have Ca over the labels? How many coats does it take to get a smooth finish over them?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam

John

John, I just sent an email to a someone over the same thing. ( their stuff, not yours )

Please don't be offended but I visit this site via a pretty poor mobile dongle thingy and images don't ever look great to start with. So your pics look extremely grainy to me and therefore it's hard to comment on the pens.
I'm certainly no expert on photos, but it appears that you use a flash?
If so, do yourself a favour and switch it off and either take the pics outside or add some lights.
I 'liked' your post because you said thanks and gave credit rather than on the pens themselves. :wink::)

Jgrden

John

John, I just sent an email to a someone over the same thing. ( their stuff, not yours )

Please don't be offended but I visit this site via a pretty poor mobile dongle thingy and images don't ever look great to start with. So your pics look extremely grainy to me and therefore it's hard to comment on the pens.
I'm certainly no expert on photos, but it appears that you use a flash?
If so, do yourself a favour and switch it off and either take the pics outside or add some lights.
I 'liked' your post because you said thanks and gave credit rather than on the pens themselves. :wink::)

Atta boy thank you and the others. :biggrin:

Top Bottom