Thank Goodness!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Good things to be thankful for. We have shorts and t shirt weather all year long here, it just that sometimes you can't be out for more then a few seconds.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yeah, I wear shorts and t-shirt every day of the year, too!!

Today it is covered by thermal undies, corduroy pants, flannel shirt, knit sweater and, if going outside for more than five minutes---hooded coat------just "living the dream" in the SUB-tropics!!!

Kenny Durrant

I'm sure everyone has shorts and t shirts that they wear all year. The difference is that since he's in South Texas that's probably all he has. I'm sure if he travels or vacations he might have heavier clothes stashed away for that but who wants to dress like your on a trip when your at home. It's been a strange and tough winter all over the country.

Ambidex

Thank goodness that A) it's a holiday for my customer (read holiday for me too), and B) it's finally shorts and t shirt weather!

uh..what?? we have a winter storm warning for 3-7 inches tonight..but it should be gone by Saturday...along with everything that's not fastened down...already calling for severe flash floods by fri nite..My Lord...I love NW Ohio:wink:

It has been 25+ years since we have had this much snow and ice. And temps not getting out of the teens for weeks. It is warming up here this week should hit 60 on Thursday but I think it is just a tease. We usually have the biggest snows in March and have had the kids doing Easter egg hunts with snow on the ground. So as much as I would like it to be I don't think spring is here yet....

Mike

Cmiles1985

I'm sure everyone has shorts and t shirts that they wear all year. The difference is that since he's in South Texas that's probably all he has. I'm sure if he travels or vacations he might have heavier clothes stashed away for that but who wants to dress like your on a trip when your at home. It's been a strange and tough winter all over the country.

I have little winter wear, and of that, two fire retardant jackets for work. One fairly heavy, and one very heavy. Unfortunately, neither is very warm, and both are rather bulky for a short guy like myself. The workday is fairly equally mixed between indoor and outdoor work, so finding a happy medium of undergarments is critical! I love my South Texas weather, and can't wait for heat full time! About a week before graduating college, I was standing on the deck of the restaurant I was managing enduring one of life's many debates: what to do with life and a chemistry degree (read where to move to). I realized it was mid December, and I was wearing shorts and a t shirt, and thought to myself "I'm good here."

Happy President's Day y'all!!

Kenny Durrant

I grew up in Victoria and I think we would get snow about once every 10 years. We might get a cold snap once in a while but not like we do in the Dallas area. I have several friends from way up north that laugh when I complain about the cold or ice that does come our way. They say "This is nothing compared to what we get back home". I just look at them and say this is Texas we're not known for this type of weather. Anything north of the Red River is suposed to get ice and snow.

Top Bottom