Texas Two-some

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plano_harry

plano_harry

North Texas IAP got together on Saturday and I was the beneficiary of lots of good information, but more importantly, I traded a lowly piece of mesquite burl to my new pen buddy Kenny Durrant for his fine segmented casting featuring two Texas treasures, a dead copperhead and some cool post oak burl. I am not a wood expert, but I have been told that post oak burl is somewhat rare and with the work that Kenny put into creating the blank, I decided to upgrade this slim to a custom stylus combo. I don't like the stubby pen tip on the PSI combo, so I use a standard slim and add the PSI tapered replacement stylus on top. C&C, especially tips on how I can improve are always appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Harry

Attachments

• copperhead clip 68.jpg
    copperhead clip 68.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 359
  • copperhead back 68.jpg
    copperhead back 68.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 321
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thats looks great. I like the idea of combining the slim with the stylus. I have a good friend that carries a slim I made for him out of wood HE brought back from Isrial and I noticed he had a cheep pen next to it in his shirt pocket. When I asked about it he showed me it was a stylus. I'll have to look into trying a few of those. Maybe they'll turn out close to yours.

panamag8or

People like the slim stylus combo, but I use the CSUSA 7mm comversion, the one that screws in. They hold up better than the press-in types.
However, I've never pulled one off that looked as good as Harry's.

LL Woodworks

Was it publicized that the NT IAP was meeting? If so where was it posted? - I heard nothing and am extremely sorry I missed it. :frown:

plano_harry

Oh Lynn, we missed you. Are you subscribed to the North Texas forum? There was a thread on there. James schedules one about once a quarter. Hope you can make the next one!

LL Woodworks

Oh Lynn, we missed you. Are you subscribed to the North Texas forum? There was a thread on there. James schedules one about once a quarter. Hope you can make the next one!

I thought I was - I've tried several times to contact someone in the NT chapter but never get a response. Obviously I'm not reaching out to the right people. Thanks for keeping me in mind for the next one. Where did you meet?

plano_harry

Must be present to win! :tongue:

Actually, the blank exchange nearly didn't happen. Kenny was willing to swap and I certainly wanted the snake. David was too slow, being new to all this. :rolleyes:

Next time, with the president there, we will be more official and organized.

Top Bottom