Teaser... Belleau Woods Lumber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Florida Marine

One of my folks walked into my office this morning, Sir, understand you make pens, and held up a very interesting chunk of wood, looked like Bethlehem Olive Wood...which I suggested.

No Sir, wood from Belleau forest, got it when I was with Marine Forces Europe.

Was pretty stunned, nothing in return - gave it to me. Told him I would sell it and donate all the profit for Wounded Warriors, my usual course.

Will snap a pic, accidentally left it tucked away in my desk.

So THEN, I had a thought, I have been helping a fellow Marine who works at MarForEur out lately - e-mailed him, he has a bunch! They get dead fall from the cemetery. So I may be able to score more, he had a piece in his office already, working out the getting it here now.

So I need to figure out how to stabilize this before I cut it, its 3/4 x 3/4 x about 6 inches.

Perfect pen to turn out for our Birthday...

Working on a SECRET pen also - funny idea I had, took Secret red classification stickers and cast them with secret documents from our shredder. Cast the label on one and the shred in another, one with a label underneath and one just shred.

Got Top Secret ones to do also...should be neat.

Jim Burr

Banned
Ha!! I'm having my son send me some Koa...he just landed at MCB Honolulu. Rough duty! I made him a .50cal shell pen and it didn't go over well with the Company Gunny. So now it's a Sierra in Koa to keep the peace, so to speak!

Top Bottom