Teal Curls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

I stumbled across this teal dyed curly maple blank at the local Woodcraft and thought it looked curly, so I picked it up. It turned out to be quite a find!

Attachments

• P1011577.jpg
    P1011577.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 205
  • P1011585.jpg
    P1011585.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice indeed... I really like those Lazerlinez component sets too very nice selection. Did you know that you can get that effect yourself? Then you only need to get the curly maple or whatever and you can turn them out on your own.. You don't need any special equipment or anything to do this.. Just knowledge of how, some Cactus Juice and some dye.. You don't need a vacuum chamber if you just want to try it..

Sandsini

Mike,
That's good information, but honestly I don't have any desire to dye or stabilize my own blanks. Nor to cast things either. Currently with my job, my 2 year marriage to a wonderful woman who enjoys my attention, and my other hobbies and interests, I don't have that much time to spare. I really, really enjoy making pens. I love matching materials to components and turning and finishing until I get to hold the completed pen in my hand. There are so many talented people here that are better at those things than I would ever be... I would rather give them the business.

I'm still new to this hobby and I have a path that I am working towards. I, ultimately, would like to make more custom, kitless pens, but it may be a slow slog with the time available to me...

Thanks though, I always appreciate your comments and use your work as a guide to inspire myself.

Cheers,

Top Bottom