Tea Light Candle Holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

Here are some Tea Light candle holders I made out of some scrap pieces of wood that was lying around the shop.

pensAugust2010002-4.jpg

pensAugust2010003-4.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drcal

Keith,
I am always interested in hearing how turners chuck a tea light. Did you turn a tenon for chucking or did you use a scroll chuck? Did you drill the candle hole ot did you turn it out?

Everyone has their own method. Would love to hear about yours.

Carmen

keithlong

Hey Carmen,
I turn down a 1/4 inch twnon, then chuck it in my 4 jaw chuck and turn down the shape that I want, then I drill the hole for the candle, which is 1 1/2 inches. Then I reverse the holder and chuck it in the hole and finish turning the bottom. They are simple to do and fun.

Drcal

Thanks for your quick reply. I failed to mention in my previous post how much I like them. I have never tried tea lights and have always wanted to. Just 2 more question before I try one:

1- At the very start, do you turn between centers?

2- When you chuck it the second time using the hole for the candle, does it mar the wood on the inside at all? Yours look great; they don't look marred. Is there a trick?

Thanks for the help. I love turning and I have so much still to learn.

Carmen

keithlong

Hey Carmen,
I do start between centers, just long enough to turn a tenon one one end for the chuck. I have found it easier to turn wood round holding it in a chuck. Then when you hold the piece using the hole, just expand the jaws with little pressure, just enough to hold it, and it wont mare the inside. Oh I forgot to mention that I got my candles from the dollar general, 30 in a pack for 2.00. Have fun and try them. If you have anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Kieth, you have spread your wing and trying different things now, those are great and a good place for the blocks that would normaly get tossed in the scrap bin and burned. where is Morgans toy??????? just kidding.........................

MobilMan

Tea lites

Drcal. A very interesting site "Woodturningonline.com". Then go to "projects" in the left column. Loads of turning items including tea lites. Check it out, I think you'll enjoy it.

Top Bottom