Tea candle holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

Darrin

These are pretty fun little christmas gifts. I dont have a hollowing tool so I started the hole with a 3/4" Forestner bit then hollowed using my 1/2" bowl gouge. I must buy a hollowing tool!! The back 2 are oak, the front is reclaimed Honduran Mahogany. Comments and criticisms always appreciated.

Attachments

• Tealights1.jpg
    Tealights1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

Fantatstic! Simple, yet creative idea. On a side note, have you tried using an old allen wrench ground down into a hollowing tool? Works great for the small turnings that I've tried in the past.

mtup

Nice candle holders Darrin. Try using a spear point scraper. Is all I use after I drill my depth hole. I even ground one down at 45 degrees on both sides as to get a straight side right away.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Cool beans..
No problem with the forstner, the holder will be filled with candle anyway, right?
The half inch bowl gouge would be scary in a small piece, though. I'd be chasing
candle holders all over the shop .. off the walls, the ceiling..

mickr

Be careful with trying to jam that bowl gouge in that small space...using a forstner bit is fine..can use sq scraper or parting tool, or bedan tool to clean up inside..hollowing tools not necessary to make this type of item..save yourself some $$$

Top Bottom