Taught the grand daughter how.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Well the 11 year old grand daughter is spending the week end at our house, she asked if we could make her dad a pen for Christmas. So we picked a cool looking black and silver Acrylic Acetate blank and a Sierra twist.
I drilled, glued, and turned, she sanded and polished. After assembly she decided to search the blank collection and pick a couple of more for next time.
She can't wait to give it to her dad.

I think turning with a kid is much like fishing with a kid in that God does not count that time against your allotment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChinaDad

That will be a great memory for both of you. Good quality time together.

I spent part of my turning time last weekend setting up a block for my 14 year old daughter. I was very excited when she told me she wanted to turn some Christmas ornaments.

The weekend before I spent some time with my 5 year old son watching me turn. I was telling him about each step as I finished a pen. I could see the gears in his mind turning as he pointed and counted the steps. I am looking forward to him reaching a good age to start turning. I am trying to learn as much as I can about this so that I can share it with all of my children.

Cwalker935

I am sure that this will be one of those days that both you and your Grand daughter will treasure forever. Thanks for sharing.

Ambidex

Congrats Bob...sounds like an awesome day...show us a pic and then show her our reviews:) I love to see kids swell with pride:wink:

Magicbob

here are a few pics
I got to get a photo tent and a real camera

Attachments

• den1.jpg
    den1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 109
  • den 2.jpg
    den 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 118
  • jess.jpg
    jess.jpg