Tap & Die size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjudge

I thought I saw, somewhere, the lumping together of Baron, Sedona, Navigator ... Electra ... and Triton.

I thought that this would imply the M8.5 x 1 front assembly.

<went and got a Baron pen and Triton kit from the workshop>

OK:
  • Triton threaded cap insert = larger than Baron, smaller than El Grande's M12x.8
  • Triton front-end, RB iassembly = slightly longer than Baron, but threads easily (M84.x1)

Argh: lost the spring to the Triton kit now :)
Also, if anyone knows the Baron cap threading then please let me know. It should be M9 - M10 or such

Last edited:

JD Combs Sr

I am almost positive there is an Excel spreadsheet on here someplace that gives various pen related tap sizes because I downloaded it a few weeks back, however I am unable to locate it now so I am uploading it to this post. I can't vouch for it's accuracy but maybe it is a start.

Well maybe I didn't get it here?:confused: I just tried to upload it as an Excel file and it error-ed indicating and invalid file type. I re-saved it as a PDF file and it uploaded OK so here you are.:rolleyes:

Edit: I just happened to look down the forum posts and guess what I saw. That's right the posting where I originally found the spreadsheet. I wonder why the search function didn't find it?? jjudge it was your OP I found it in. BTW I must have converted it to the spreadsheet format because I note that yours is also a PDF.

Attachments

• Pen_related_tap-sizes.pdf
    194 KB · Views: 728
Last edited:

jjudge

I can send the excel file I'm using -- msg me if you want it.

I'll be putting a few updates in. The FountainPenNetwork.com folks have also contributed.
Then, later this week, I'll contact the IAP Librarian to get it into the library.

Top Bottom