Tail Stock Quill Made one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Joe

The Turncrafter lathe that I bought with all the tooling and gobs of bushings, blanks, pen set and on and on it goes was a deal that I had been hunting for, I was ready to by a starter kit from PSI when I found this, guess it fell over once in it life and the tail stock Quill was bent,(look at Photo 2 you can see that it is bent from the shoulder on) may try to straighten it later, not real bad but had a wobble and slack in the housing on the tail stock out board side, I decided to make another one, this one is made out of Bronze, make it slight over size to take care of the play in the tail stock, it is 2MM thread and left hand also, that thing took me about four hours on the metal lathe but works perfect, cost was zero got the shaft from an old boat, Pen Joe

Attachments

• Tail Stock Spindle 1.jpg
    Tail Stock Spindle 1.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Tail Stock Spindle.jpg
    Tail Stock Spindle.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Tail Stock Parts.jpg
    Tail Stock Parts.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 240
  • Tails Stock Assb..jpg
    Tails Stock Assb..jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Pen Joe

Thanks Curley, you right, been thinking about some items for pen turning but have to get to do one first, there is a lot to learn for the going to put a parts bend on the wall instead of the little bags.

More4dan, I hope my addiction for work working lathes in not like my metal lathes, I have 9 of them, from the little tiny one to the South Bend with a 20' swing, have Atlas, southbend, Cincinnati, Sebastian, 3 HF, one is the 14X40' an excellent machine, going to help someday to over come this addiction, not really

Top Bottom