Tags from Beartoothwoods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Anyone have a tip as to what kind of pen to use on these? The material does not seem to take ink well. I have tried my FP, roller balls and normal ink pens, none of them work very well. [?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Good grief!! These things look great, but stink to write on. My wife just got me a brand new fine point sharpie (the pen kind) and it feathers all over the tag, ball point needs to be done 2 or 3 times and looks bad and FP ink does not dry, I have wasted an entire sheet trying to lable 7 pens!

Tea Clipper

I have no idea if it will work, but has anyone tried a pigment marker? Like the ones used to mark fabric? I think it would work, they are like ballpoints but the ink is more of a thick paint or paste substance.

gerryr

I hate to admit this, but I use a Pilot G2 and it works great. It's a click pen and has a very fine point. On the clip it says "Pilot G2 05." I tried several different kinds of pens one day at work and this one was the winner, but not by much over a Uni-ball 0.5mm pen with liquid ink in it.

Firefyter-emt

I did call and got an ans. service so I figured I would ask here to see if anyone had an answer. I kinda wanted to do them tonight. I plan to call again tomorow and see what's the best thing to try.

clewless

I went so far as to buy a box of labels from one of the jewelry retailers. It included a pen that was supposed to work with the "tyvek type" material the labels are made from.

Of course that pen worked no better than any of those I made...so I'm still looking for a better method of labeling.

emackrell

If the problem is just that the tags are kind of shiny, try taking a soft eraser to the tag first, and just erasing lightly over the surface. Brush the eraser dust off and you should be good to go. I used to do this to write on the edges of photos.... back when cameras actually used film, lol

cheers Eileen [8D]

Lee,

I use a jewelry tag called Elephant Hyde from JSP.. I got them from a local store in Humble, Tx .. they were given to me, but you can see them on this site

http://www.hwailmachinery.co.kr/segong/ejsp-p46.htm

Problem I have is they are a little small for my scrawl..

also have a sheet of about 100 that I got from another jewelry vendor at one of my shows... they are both made from a fibre glass material like Tyvek... ink that flows like the sharpie and fp's don't soak in... it runs through the fibers.. best bet is a good fine ball point and just write over them twice or use a soft lead pencil.. I use a pilot bp-s fine point for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom