SUPERBOWL POOL 2011 GRID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Okay, here we go. The first phase of the 2011 Superbowl grid. This one has only the names inserted. 3 other IAP members are picking the numbers, which quadrants go to which quarter and the conference assignments.
I know this may sound confusing right now, but I assure you it will all make sense as soon as the rest of the info is inserted. This way everyone gets to see their squares before the numbers are picked.
As soon as I get the number assignments, I will plug those in and re-post the grid again.

Steelers over the Packers by 7 :cool:

Good Luck Everyone!

Bob

Attachments

• SB 2011.xls
    36.5 KB · Views: 696

bobleibo

Completed Grid

Here you go......... This is the completed and final grid for the Superbowl Pool.

Good Luck to everyone (even those of you with those great numbers! )

Go Steelers!

Bob

Attachments

• SB 2011.xls
    37 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:

bobleibo

The grid is in MS Excel like it was last year. Hopefully you have that on your computer. If not, let me know and I will figure something out for you.
Cheers
Bob

bobleibo

JPG Pool grid

UPDATE:
Here is a copy of the grid in JPG format....hope that helps those without MS Excel. Let me know if you have questions about anything.
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• SB 2011 JPG.jpg
    SB 2011 JPG.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 9,400

bobleibo

I guess it was too much to ask for to win 2 years in a row. Anybody want to trade? :biggrin:

Ya' never know......a few field goals by one team and 6 TD's by the other will have you right back in the blanks again this year (want to know the odds of it happening this way? I didn't think so....) .. or you can have my squares for even worse odds!

Steelers over the Packers by 7 - just keep Michael Vick in check this coming weekend.

Good Luck everyone!
Bob

bobleibo

Just to clarify the rules...
1 - You can win in ANY of the quarters, not just the colored quadrant you are in
2 - Depending on which quadrant your name is in (some are in multiples), you only send blanks to the winner on THAT quarter which is outlined on the bottom of the grid.
3 - If you won last year and you win AGAIN this year, you must host a BBQ for all the losers at your house all-expenses-paid including travel and lodging . I see some winners from last year with some pretty awesome numbers again this year!

Good Luck Everyone !
Bob

penmaker1967

i have never done this before and not to sound stupid (lol) what does the numbers down the side of the chart mean. for get about the last statement i figured it out

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

Yes!! I got the 0-0 spot!!!! :biggrin:

Can I win two years in a row?:cool:

Good luck everyone!! I have some cool blanks to send out!!

bobleibo

Yes!! I got the 0-0 spot!!!! :biggrin:

Can I win two years in a row?:cool:

ABSOLUTELY.....SEE RULE#3 BELOW :party:

Just to clarify the rules...
1 - You can win in ANY of the quarters, not just the colored quadrant you are in
2 - Depending on which quadrant your name is in (some are in multiples), you only send blanks to the winner on THAT quarter which is outlined on the bottom of the grid.
3 - If you won last year and you win AGAIN this year, you must host a BBQ for all the losers at your house all-expenses-paid including travel and lodging . I see some winners from last year with some pretty awesome numbers again this year!

Good Luck Everyone !
Bob

Grim Spirit

0 & 7. Both very good numbers. I like my chances.

Just one question: Why'd you invert the quarters in the second (final) grid?

bobleibo

0 & 7. Both very good numbers. I like my chances.

Just one question: Why'd you invert the quarters in the second (final) grid?

Excellent question........the first grid was simply the template from last year. I should have deleted the quarters designations first, however, the quarter designations were randomly picked - as were the numbers and conference designations - by 3 other IAP members, each having a different piece of the puzzle to pick. The difference has no effect whatsoever on the outcome, just changes which group is in which quarter.
Hope that explains it. Let me know if you want to trade your numbers for mine :biggrin:
Good Luck
Bob

ctubbs

Just let me know who to send what. I have never won on one of any kind of pool so someone just let me know. I have good numbers, I think. 9-5
Charles

bobleibo

For all you nay-say'ers, don't go packing up your blanks just yet. I've seen some pretty goofy looking numbers come up as winners. Usually not mine, but never say never.
I will tell you this.......the ones with the best odds over the course of the years for people who bet on this silly little game (???) are 7,3,0. If you have any of those combo's you are in pretty good shape (a'hem.... Ernie!).
I nominate Ernie for game announcer. All in favor...motion passed.
Good luck to everyone, especially those of you with those lousy numbers (like me!)
Cheers
Bob

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Bob, I was a play by play guy last year. I will fulfill my duty and do the same this year. Pretty nice to have wireless in my house and a laptop. I'll be sitting in my Pj's, drinking sweet tea, eating whatever is in the house, and updating everyone on IAP, while the Colts win another Superbowl over the Packers:biggrin: Probably by 2 touchdowns.

bobleibo

Sharon.....Thank you. That link will be helpful to lots of folks in more places than just here.

Ernie, Ernie, Ernie....you were doing so well right up until you got to the part about Indianapolis. They are going to have their hands full with NY this weekend. Sorry to see your dreams get crushed at such a young age.
Cheers
Bob

bobleibo

What the ????????

What the _____ !!!

Seattle of all teams just took out the defending Superbowl champs! And New Orleans was favored by 11 points !!!! This better not be the start of things to come or my Vegas "guesses" will cost me a lost of "guesses" ! I'll bet Chris was loving this one!

HELP ! C'mon Pittsburg, ya' gotta' save me!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
People were griping that a 7-9 team made the playoffs. Well I guess they showed them!!!!

Um,ah,hum,WOW,yeah,WOW. NOBODY, I mean nobody expected this. They asked several fans outside the stadium today and only one said they would win. I missed the end of the game due to running in circles and screaming. I crashed into the wall and just recently regained consciousness. See if you wish hard enough dreams do come true. :party::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051:

bobleibo

Hey Bob, I was a play by play guy last year. I will fulfill my duty and do the same this year. Pretty nice to have wireless in my house and a laptop. I'll be sitting in my Pj's, drinking sweet tea, eating whatever is in the house, and updating everyone on IAP, while the Colts win another Superbowl over the Packers:biggrin: Probably by 2 touchdowns.

Do those PJ's by any chance say New York Jets on them?

Two great games today........and we get to do it again tommorrow!

Whaler

Being a rabid Seahawks fan we were hoping for rain or snow on Saturday to give us an advantage. We didn't need it, the hawks showed up to play. Chicago is next and they are one of the few teams we beat in regular season this year.

bobleibo

Underdogs Season!

This seems to be the season of the underdog, and lots of green uniforms ! Even though the Pats are one of my 2 all time favorite teams, it would not bother me at all if the Packers took it all, they're hungry! Instinct (and my wallet) tells me there is an upset in the works. I'm sticking with my original "guess" ....Steelers over the Packers by 7...stay tuned for coming attractions, it's gonna' be a wild ride!
Good luck to everyone!
Bob

bobleibo

This weekend's "guesses"..........

Pittsburg over Baltimore by 3 Troy P. 'nuff said

18_1_331.gif

Chicago over Seattle by 9 Chicago defense is too tight for Seattle

Packers over Atlanta by 3 Rodgers is on fire

Pats over Jets by 7 remember the last time?

Good Luck everyone....
Bob

Last edited:

jdmacdo

Pool numbers...

So I finally checked my numbers... looking across the top, I was very excited to see the number 7... Then I looked down the side, hoping for a nice number there... If the final score is 42-7, I'm loving life...

Good luck to all, I hope to be looking at a whole new pile of blanks in February...

bobleibo

So I finally checked my numbers... looking across the top, I was very excited to see the number 7... Then I looked down the side, hoping for a nice number there... If the final score is 42-7, I'm loving life...

Good luck to all, I hope to be looking at a whole new pile of blanks in February...

Don't lose hope just yet. Those aren't that bad of numbers, 4 field goals by one team and a touch down by the other and you will be in blank heaven as long as it's for the right teams!

Ron,
I'm not so sure about your team logo here but I sure do like the numbers you have........wanna' trade?

Good Luck to everyone !
Bob

bobleibo

Here we go for this weekend

Good Luck to everyone who may have "guessed" on any of this weekends games.
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• SB a.jpg
    SB a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 175
Top Bottom