Summer Ex.,Birthday Bash prizes pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hi everyone,this pen would not be possible without the generosity of the members and venders of the IAP.

During the 2015 summer extravaganza I was the recipient of a gift card to georges bits of timber.I used it to get some Amboyna burl blanks that I could not normally afford.One of those pieces was exceptionally fabulous,figured four sides,two-toned burl.Too pretty to use on anything other than the high end kits which I could not afford, so it sat on the shelf wanting.

2016 rolls around bringing about a new year and a new oppertunity to test my skills in the various challenges during the 2016 Birthday bash.Mike Redburn put up one of his Sterling silver pen sets for a 1st place finish in the advanced pen challenge.My hopes were rekindled of using the beautiful Amboyna burl sitting on the shelf.I could never afford to buy a solid silver pen set,winning is the only option.

The pen is made from sterling silver and has a extremely deep checkered pattern engraved in the end caps,center band,and front section.Private reserve 5888 refill.Beautifull Amboyna burl brings it all together.

sterling1.jpg

sterling2.jpg

sterling3.jpg

sterling4.jpg

sterling5.jpg

Thank you Mike and George,without your generosity I could not have made this pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Hey Dale,
Fantastic looking pen and you did the prizes proud. Happy to see that someone is posting what they are doing with their winnings. I surely wish more would do the same.
I know not everyone is going to be as nice as yours, but it would be nice to see more of the members using their winnings and letting people knon what happened.

Thank you for posting.

Top Bottom