Suggestions for EB website

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yaroslaw

I have few suggestions, that could improve customer experience on EB website or service:)
May be a good idea (or not?) to post others suggestions here, too.
Ed and Dawn, may be, someday, use them, if it doesn't mean "move to Exotics 4" :)))

1) May be add a Skype call option (in contact info) for us, who are abroad? Calling US landline from as far as Ukraine is a bit expensive. And Skype is free. May be there is service to redirect skype calls to landline, do not now a fees, though.
2) Also, it's really a good idea to put your time zone near your phone number along with "answering hours". I think we have with you pretty big time difference (6hrs? 7? 10?)
3) It would be really helpful sometimes, looking for a new product to try, to have "Sort by popularity" in all categories. Depending on software it can be "5 min change" or "are we really going to move to Exotics 4 to do this???":):):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

The good news about their new setup is it's very fluid. By 'fluid' I mean there is a ton of features that could be turned on, it just takes time, patients, some skill and careful design planning.

I know the time zone is EST, that's GMT +5. Says here the Ukraine is GMT +2. So that makes it a 7 hour time difference.

kovalcik

Quick correction, Wisconsin is in time central time zone. (Brother in Milwaukee, you learn these things.) :) GMT -6, Ukraine -8

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Correction of correction and all that stuff!! (Actually, the correction above IS correct, just worded differently!!)

Racine = GMT -6
Ukraine=GMT +2

Difference= 8 hours earlier in Racine

I have a "widget" (hope that is the correct term) that tells me the time in the two places I frequently want--Germany and Taiwan. It can be set for anywhere in the world.

But I realize Yaro's point is NOT just HIS time, but comparative time around the world--as Exotics does more business with other countries, this would be convenient.

I know Yaro writes very well on this forum----I also know I couldn't understand a single word of Ukranian!!! So, I have not considered international conversations.

To address the "popularity", we are not really big enough, yet. The website software would have to accrue 6 months or more of data to be statistically significant (it would still be marginal). CSUSA, Penn State and the others who offer this feature are easily ten times our size, so they are selling hundreds of each plating option of every pen!! We sell hundreds of sierras and cigars. After that, the quantities drop off significantly!!!

If you ever want to know about a specific kit, send me an email and I will give you a "general ranking"!!

Now that the site seems stable again, we need to get ALL our products "up" and then we can work on more "improvements"!!

Thanks for your frequent visits!!!

Ed & Dawn

yaroslaw

I'm thinking I'm not the only one penmaker, thats speaks English and live outside US?:)
In one of previous discussion in this same forum about long waiting email answers and a suggestion to call - a jaywood1207 from Canada also wrote that phone call is a bit expensive. And I know quite a few members here that live in Great Britain and other English-speaking countries.

Yes, Ukraine is not among English-speaking countries, so I had to learn English to be able to make pens.

And it's only half a joke:)

Curtis (with his Cactus Juice website) has a Skype as a call option, by the way:)

Regarding timezones - being IT freak I can find pretty much everything I need to know in the Internet. But others could not, so info of your time zone could be helpful for someone:)

On popularity suggestion - I see, moving to new site "erased" the history. So we'll wait:)
I think I've tried almost all kits that looks aesthetically pleasant to me, but acrylic blanks are much more diverse and hard to pick, so it's acrylics that I'd like to see some suggestions on popularity.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ed and Dawn,

Skype is easy to do on your site. If you are interested, let me know and I can tell you how to do it so the skype calls ring on your cellphone.

PR_Princess

Hey, Curtis Exotics doesn't have cells, only land lines. But, I remembered I did have Skype on my desktop from years ago. I ended up turning it off because of all of the solicitations that kept getting through. Perhaps they have fixed that(?) But if there is a need, I think I can still turn it back on (without the web cam!!!:eek:)

Thank you so much for the offer though! And believe me if I need help you will be the first one I'll call!!! (No pun intended ...kinda sorta :biggrin::tongue:)

Top Bottom