Subacromial bursitis & Pleurisy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Fancy way of saying my back is killing me.
I've been having problems breathing & my shoulders & back have been hurting for weeks now. I usually get it every year about this time, but this year it's really bad.

So, after toughing it out for 3 weeks (which I do not recommend, BTW)
I finally went to my Dr. He took some x-rays & did some tests on my shoulders & spine and that was his diagnosis.

For anyone not familiar with those medical terms, allow me to describe them.
It feels like someone hit you on the top of your shoulders with a 20 lb. sledge hammer. Then, they put their knee in the middle of your spine & grab your shoulders. Then they try to make your shoulders meet in the middle of your back.

It's only slightly more uncomfortable than having all your teeth yanked out with no anesthetic. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest while a rhino stabs me in the back with his horn.
In other words, the pain is almost unbearable. If it wasn't for the meds my Dr. put me on, I'd probably be in the hospital by now.

I'm taking Prednisone, pain meds, and a r/x cough syrup to keep me from barking up a lung.
Now, I'm no baby; I've had pain like this most of my adult life.
But this year is different.
Worst of all, since my dungeon of a shop is cold as a witch's XXX, I can't go down there unless I bundle up like Eskimo Joe.
I've got a heater running full out down there, but it's not much help.

If you have pain & difficulty breathing, do not put it off like I did.
My Dr. says I'm in for 6-8 weeks of meds & recovery this time around.
If I had went in sooner, I'd only be looking at a week to 10 days to recover.

Top Bottom