stupid, stupid, stupid!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimskio

Well a friend of mine asked me to come cut down a pear tree a while back that had fire blight. At that time I had no idea what "spalting"(did I spell that right?) was. I cut it down and took a few pieces but decided not to take any with the disease. Stupid mistake! She was supposed to keep the rest but when I emailed her she had already thrown it away. Lesson learned, anyway this is 1 piece I did manage to keep.

jimskio

Attachments

• P2118675.jpg
    P2118675.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 255
  • P2118676.jpg
    P2118676.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 170
  • P2118677.jpg
    P2118677.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

Wow thats gonna make a nice pen. Hate to hear about the tree. When I get in that situation I now take as much as I can with me. I can always get rid of it myself.

James

JohnU

I feel your pain. I had a friend cut down a boxelder tree and and really goofed by only taking a couple small logs. I did manage to get the whole pear tree but the wife isnt happy about it being stacked in the back corner of the basement. lol

Karin Voorhis

That is truly beautiful. I totally understand! I got rid of almost an entire spalted maple minus a few hunks I took. I empathize

I learned my lesson when a big tree fell in the backyard the year before we moved up to our place... the tree was dead when we bought and I knew it needed to come down... I'm not great at wood identity and thought it was an oak... I burned 2/3 of it before I found out it was a maple.. not spalted yet then, but it is now.... when a lady came by my booth last year and said she had a maple tree with "that disease" I jumped on it and made two 55 miles drives to haul that wood back to my house... I took all of the trunk and as many big limbs as I could.... my truck is a little Ford Ranger and couldn't haul all of it in one load.

Top Bottom