Stupid Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

With my mandrel from Woodcraft it came with a set of bushings that says something to the effect of mount blanc style bushings, nothing else no numbers or anything.

Are these slimline bushings? Or european bushings?

BTW it says Dayacom on the bag if that helps.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If all the bushings are the same size then they are in all likely hood slimline bushings.
If they are different in size, then probably european.

THarvey

If all the bushings are the same size then they are in all likely hood slimline bushings.
If they are different in size, then probably european.

The bushings that came with my Woodcraft mandrel were slimlines. Very cheap slimlines, but slimlines none-the-less.

Robert Taylor

i have bought several mandrels from woodcraft. none came with bushings. pennstate mandrels have all come with slimline bushings and 7mm drill bit. a picture would help. also a set of calipers will be very helpful to you in identifying bushings and accurately turning to the proper sze for any pen kit.

woodboys

It's been awhile since I made a mont blanc but aren't they shaped the same as a european pen.

As Bob stated earlier you need to measure them to be sure.

bradh

Mont Blanc is one of the better known pens made in Europe. The European pens we make from kits are similar in style to the Mont Blanc and are called "European" to avoid any trademark infringements.

PTownSubbie

Last one I purchased from Woodcraft came with Slimline bushings. They are not very wide and when you buy regular Slimline bushings they give you more space between the bushings and the other parts on the mandrel.

I use mine as spacers to give me a little more space between the two blanks and then mandrel ends.

jleiwig

Well I think they are euro bushings.

First one is 1/2" long x 25/64" dia. the second is 25/64" long x 13/32" dia. and the third is 7/32" long x 23/64" dia.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but the real camera's batteries keep dying, guess I need to buy a new camera.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom