Stupid Karma

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

We completely forgot to register our shop truck. I thought the wife had. she thought I had. the cop did not care about what we thought and gave me the ticket. My wife had also cleaned the glove box and forgot to put the insurance card back in. We are insured. So I got the citation for no registration and no insurance. Cop was nice and said the insurance issue will go away when I show proof of insurance at the court house. I called the court and asked what I needed and got zero help so I took the day off to go figure this out since the deadline is coming up quick.

I took the day off because the last time I had to deal with the courts was in Tucson. I got there at 815 and spent the entire day waiting for my number to get called. So I get to the court house at eight on the nose and immediately see the difference between a small town and a city. I was the first and only person in line. The clerk was just as grumpy as they were in Tucson though. Nothing happened I have to wait to see what the judge will do as a fine. I earned the fine so I am alright with it. So, at 8:10 I realize I have the rest of the day off. I could go back to work, but forget that. Then I realize that this is a perfect time to spend the day just me and the wife. My oldest is 9 and that is how long it has been since we had a whole day to ourselves. Yeah I was feeling romantic, and banking on some cuddle time. I go home and she is not there. I drive to the shop and not there either. I call her and she is at the doc with two sick kids.

I play hookie from work only to end up taking care of two sick kids while the wife runs around getting prescriptions. If I would have gone to work the kids would have been healthy. Wonder who I ticked off in a previous life.

Top Bottom