Stunning TruStone Banded Malachite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

This Trustone was one we just got from Ken Mayes. It was by far the best patterned, banded malachite we have yet to see from Trustone. The kit is a Jr. Statesman. Comments and critiques are always welcome.

rb118.jpg

rb118a.jpg

rb118b.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Too bad you all can't see the actual pen - while my husband's photos are pretty darn good they still don't quite do justice to the pen. It's that 2 dimension issue! This is one of your nicest pens Mr. K.

Mrs.

crispy

hi i did one like this a few years ago not as good looking but still very impressed the customer ,yours looks great wonder how it would have looked in gold ?
crispy

Old Lar

A beautiful pen. I have made several banded malachite pens that I thought were some of the nicest that I have made, but this one blows them away. Very nice blank and use of it!

wizard

Gorgeous and Stunning!! That's my favorite Tru-Stone and without a doubt that has to be the prettiest and most unique patterning that I have ever seen. Wonderful work and great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. Doc
P.S. Those Jr. Statesman components really bring out the elegance in that pen!!

Last edited:

IPD_Mrs

hi i did one like this a few years ago not as good looking but still very impressed the customer ,yours looks great wonder how it would have looked in gold ?
crispy

In MHO the gold doesn't bring the "pop" to the blank that a kit like this does. I always leaned toward favoring gold until I started working with some of the materials we have been blessed to hold - I usually put both colors next to a material I am working with if I have the least question about the look - generally I'll put each piece with the clip of a respective pen so that I can get a good idea about the look. Hope this helps.

Mrs.

ToddMR

That is one excellent piece of tru-stone you have there. Nicely done with the turning and the fit. Looks really sharp on the kit you chose too. Good job!

76winger

I love the Banded Malachite, it always makes a great looking pen. Especially when combined with the chrome and gold like this one.
Beautiful!

IPD_Mr

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It is easy to make something that looks so good when you start with a blank that is stunning from the start.

IPD_Mr

Come on Randy, you could have given your wife a winner from the uggliest pen contest and as long as you made it she would treasure it. :)

I am like many who have posted on this and was a big fan of malachite even before I found pen turning.

IPD_Mr

I just heard from the Mrs. just a few minutes ago. She sold the pen within an hour of being at work. While I am happy it sold so quick, I wonder if I will ever see one that pretty again.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
GREEN

PROBABLY NOT! :cat: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
BUT YOU CAN'T KEEP THEM ALL! THAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL PEN!

quote=IPD_Mr;1247441]I just heard from the Mrs. just a few minutes ago. She sold the pen within an hour of being at work. While I am happy it sold so quick, I wonder if I will ever see one that pretty again.[/quote]

Top Bottom