Stuff for a Friends Beer Kegerator...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

Well, I have been working on building some stuff for my friends beer fridge. It is a modified chest freezer that is going to hold 6- 2 gallon kegs of homebrew. He asked me to make a surround to attach the taps to and also raise the height of the fridge to hold more kegs. This is the surround. It still needs some finish put on it to make it weather proof...Its all cherry.

It has some sap wood in it...Lovely!!

I dovetailed it to make it look nice...Overkill maybe??

I also built a mobile base out of cherry...Dovetailed it to an dado'd it for a 2x6 to hold the 5 inch casters that are not attached yet. You can see one of the pins cut out from the dado for the 2x6.

I even started turning handles for the taps made out of cherry. Honing my skills on making spindles...Lots of fun and lots of shavings. Several more to come!!

Thanks to all for comments on putting threads in the handles...I eventually went with the threaded inserts and epoxied them in...I was having a hard time driving them in straight.

I will post more pics once we get everything all together and humming.

let me know what you think,

Grub

Attachments

• handles1.jpg
    handles1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Base1.jpg
    Base1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Surround1.jpg
    Surround1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

Got it all put together today...boy is it a beauty....Two kegs for now one an ale and the other a lager...Was a rough night...

Grub

Attachments

• Keg1.jpg
    Keg1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 154
  • Keg2.jpg
    Keg2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 155

Parson

That's one beautiful nightstand you made there!

(the LOML is now frowning reading this, but still sees the humor in it.)

grub32

Thanks guys...

The hardest part about those handles was the threading...I ended up buying 3/8 inch threads from woodcraft...I had to drill the hole for the insert before I put them on the lathe...I even decided to drive in the inserts too...I figured after turning them down to fit the top of the chrome dispenser, they would be brittle and hard to thread. So I had to put it on the lathe using a spur drive and a 60 live center.

Turned it on my rikon mini. Did a great job.

Thanks Again,

Grub

purplehaze

kegerator

Nice work and great idea. I would have never thought of adding height to one of those freezers.
I built my own kegerator and made a few beer taps myself. The only difference is my faucets have a male threaded stud already on them. The threads happen to be the same as my home made stopper mandrel, which worked out perfect for turning them.

Top Bottom