Striped Pacifica

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a Pacifica with one of my Pearl blue double cast striped PR blanks . This is one of my favorite blanks from my collection . It is based upon the vintage Striped Parker Vacumatic pens . This one is very close in color to the blue material that parker used back then . The pearlesence in this blank give it great depth .

As always , comments welcome .

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

This is a Pacifica with one of my Pearl blue double cast stripped PR blanks . This is one of my favorite blanks from my collection . It is based upon the vintage Stripped Parker Vacumatic pens . This one is very close in color to the blue material that parker used back then . The pearlesence in this blank give it great depth .

http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=13753
Your title got me. I was thinking I would have to censor this for the children. I really like your Striped pen. Love the look!
http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=13752

ldb2000

This is a Pacifica with one of my Pearl blue double cast stripped PR blanks . This is one of my favorite blanks from my collection . It is based upon the vintage Stripped Parker Vacumatic pens . This one is very close in color to the blue material that parker used back then . The pearlesence in this blank give it great depth .

Your title got me. I was thinking I would have to censor this for the children. I really like your Striped pen. Love the look!

:redface: I even spell checked it and never noticed what I did . Thanks :)

sefali

When I saw this in the photos section, the first thing I thought was that it looked just like the Vacumatic I found, only blue. You did an awesome job with that. I can see why it's a favorite.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
That looks good Butch. Did you customize the finial, or am I seeing things (again)?

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . These blanks are a royal pain to make but they look so good and being double casts I don't ever have to worry about then delaminating like a segmented blank could . The color of this one was just a stroke of luck , I was playing with a dye/mica combination and this is what I ended up with , although I will try to recreate it in the future .
Mike , no mods to this one , that's the stock finial .

ldb2000

Thanks all , for the kind words .

Doug , I would sell them but they are allot of work to make so they wouldn't be cheap .

John , thanks .

Dan , I am but I gotta put food on the table so I make kits as well . Kitless makes more profit but kits sell for less and in this economy everyone is spending less so you do what you have to .... even if it's not as much fun .

Chris , these are my favorite homebrew blanks , they are very vintage looking and I love the vintage pens .

bgibb42

I have to admit, when I saw the first of these striped pens you posted, I didn't care much for it.

Then something strange happened.

I found myself coming back to look at it again. It started to grow on me. I did a little research about the Parker pens that inspired you. I really started to like the striped look.

Then you post this. It must be the color, because this is a beautiful pen that strikes an elegant balance between a classic look on a modern set of components. Nicely done!

PenMan1

I have to admit, when I saw the first of these striped pens you posted, I didn't care much for it.

Then something strange happened.

I found myself coming back to look at it again. It started to grow on me. I did a little research about the Parker pens that inspired you. I really started to like the striped look.

Then you post this. It must be the color, because this is a beautiful pen that strikes an elegant balance between a classic look on a modern set of components. Nicely done!

Same here, Brian! I kinda like it now and I may take this idea to PSI executive (which is a knock off of the Parker Duo Fold BP):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Butch, the more I look at this, the more I like it. Well executed.

Top Bottom