Stratawood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks to Bill Jacobs for this fun material.

200562442538_CamoStratawood.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.

200562442648_GrayStratawood.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

That color of the top one reminds me of pants from the 60s![:D] It can be your bell bottoms baron! Is the bottom one lamminate material also? I like the shape of the bell bottom baron.

JimGo

Lou,
Nice designs, but be glad you're color blind with that top one! [:D] How well did the Stratawood take a finish, and what finish did you use?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, all. I think I had a pair of pants like that from Carnaby Street in London back in the 60's. [:D] Bill--this isn't all there is! Expect a couple of angle cuts a little further down the road!

Ryan

Lou,

It's a groove thing, It's a groove thing yah yah! oops sorry I mean nice pens. I hope you had the 8 track going while you turned the top one.[:D]

I can not wait to turn the strata blank I got from Bill. It's cut up for an angle cut but will be a few weeks before I can get to it as I have orders to get done and a backyard to get finished up.

Again nice pens Lou. By the way I gave the TSW a quick test run with pleasing results. Nice stuff.

Ryan

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The stratawood that Bill sent me is real nice... did one angle cut in the gray.. still have some camo and brown angle cut that needs to be done...

/forum/albums/Old%20Griz/tn/tn_LaminateCigar.jpg

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
LOL, Ryan. If you'd been more than a very small child during the disco era you'd have known it's "Shake your groove thing". [:D] And while I can still shake it, it doesn't always stop shaking when I do...Ahh the vagaries of ageing. [:(]

PenWorks

Nice pens Lou, I'm glad you and Wayne bought all the camo before I got to Bill. That is a little to "groovy" for me. I do really like the silver. Virgil & I went to a leather shop down the road from CS. I though about you while I was in there. We drove they guy crazy trying to make pen parts out of his leather goods and supplies. [:D] Virgil got some neat stuff to make a top secret project.

ilikewood

For those who think this wood is "GROOVY", I think you ought to consider it may be Lou's camera. This is what it looks like when I turn it:[8D]
http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=285&cid=298&page=2#

It would be the Camo Duck Call on the right.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I see I missed a few answers. Yes, the bottom pen is laminate as well. I used sanding sealer, lacquer and TSW as my finish. It took the finish real well. And Ryan, I'm glad the TSW is working out for you.

JimGo

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />For those who think this wood is "GROOVY", I think you ought to consider it may be Lou's camera. This is what it looks like when I turn it:[8D]
http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=285&cid=298&page=2#

It would be the Camo Duck Call on the right.
Bill, no offense, but I'm not sure whether your colors are better or worse! [:D] It is interesting to see the color difference, though.

Lou, did you run any filters on your pic before posting it?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimGo Lou, did you run any filters on your pic before posting it?

I have to chuckle a bit, Jim. With my color blindness what color should I filter to? Seriously, though, this is a scan. Low end scanners are notorious for color distortions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom