Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Have some 3/4" ID PVC pipe for single vertical casting and need to find where to obtain Rubber stoppers for the bottom. Would like to find the best bang for my buck, by the hundred or by the pound, regular rubber or silicone and the correct size.
NOTE: Someone said #3. Is that the right size?

Thanks,

Ray

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PSNCO

Waco should have some homebrew beer and wine making stores. I use a #7 straight cork and I use a tapered cork. (Might be a #7 tapered, too.) They're both under $10 for 100. I just brought my pvc pipe into the store for the best fitting cork.

teamtexas

Ray, I used a rubber cane tip with 3/4" pvc when I did my first vertical casting. You can find them at Home Depot or Lowes. The PR did not stick to them so you can reuse it. It also supported the tube so you don't have to make a stand to hold it up right.
Dan

PSNCO

Tapered corks are #9. I get 25 of them for $3.30.

Straight corks #7. I get 100 for $8.50

The straight corks are tight in the PVC when you cover the cork with the fingers of a latex glove. The tapered corks are a great fit with the latex glove finger covering the cork.

monark88

Have some 3/4" ID PVC pipe for single vertical casting and need to find where to obtain Rubber stoppers for the bottom. Would like to find the best bang for my buck, by the hundred or by the pound, regular rubber or silicone and the correct size.
NOTE: Someone said #3. Is that the right size?

Thanks,

Ray

widgetco.com
Rubber, cork, silicone

cwolfs69

i use the blue masking tape to seal the bottoms of the pvc pipe wihen i vertical casting. no worry about cork coming out. easy to remove with razor and i can push straight through to remove blank. use it for both pen blanks and stopper blanks. have used up to 4" PVC for special items. i cast under 60PSI with all castings and have had no problems. adds almost no height to the pipe and stands straight as well. would not even consider using a plug in them for casting.

ironman123

Thanks all for all the good ideas and suggestions.

Charley, I used some brown paper packaging tape I had. Worked good, no leaks. You are using PR, is that right? I got to get me some of that.

I can get Simlar 41 from a city about 90 miles from here. I guess that is what I need.

Ray

Top Bottom