Still working on it...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

I have tried switching to wet slide decals...

"tried" .... should say "trying, and trying, and trying..."

I am gonna post the whole story on web site... cause man, it was a huge learning curve... and the curve continues... not nearly as easy as I thought (hoped?) it would be...

You can't tell it is a decal until you use Macro to really get close... then you can see my #@*&%# thumb print on the decal...

With the cost of the decal paper and the learning curve this project I checked into might go bye bye... a lot easier to just send the pen out to an engraver.... :D This is on the outside of a pen I already made... next will be putting on a blank and then finishing with Ca...

FritoPen.jpg

FritoPenCloseup.jpg

.... and applied my daughters name to a pen and sent it along with her $$$ and Christmas card...
thumbsup%20smiley.gif
MindyPen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtate

Cool!

What are wet slide decals? Are they like those temporary tattoos kids play with that you press to yopur skin while wet and peel off the backing?

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by jtate

Cool!

What are wet slide decals? Are they like those temporary tattoos kids play with that you press to yopur skin while wet and peel off the backing?

They are the decals people put on model planes, trains, etc...

stevers

Why not on the tube and cast over it? Will heat or the resin itself affect the decal? I used to build model cars and spray the bodies with clear coat to seal in the decals. Only thing about Testers clear coat, it goes yellow.

edstreet

Hey that thumb print is not a big deal!! It's a hand made item with a thumb signature by the artist and one of a kind.

Many artist will put finger prints and/or markings in areas that can not be easily seen for identity.

Ed

JWW

I used the decals a couple of years ago to make some gifts. I printed out old photos and put them on coffee mugs and sealed with Grumbacher non-yellowing oil paint varnish in matte and then finished with spray lacquer.

ldb2000

Micro Mark carries the decal paper for inkjet and laser printers with a clear or white background ... they also sell stuff to make the decal fit the curves better and to overcoat them when your done...I still CA over the top of them to embed them so they dont scratch off
They work very well and are great for Logos and when used with the setting stuff you cannot see the decal film
Heres a link to the page for decal stuff
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Department&ID=104

Top Bottom