Still messing with Bakelite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

And also seeing how a black background works....So here is a Storm Bakelite on a full sized Emperor, all comments appreaciated on the pen and photo:

IMG_1911-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBCustomPens

Looking good Roy! I like the pen.

Just a thought, you could probably reduce the canvas size in the photo, but other than that, your photos are great! Way better than mine.:biggrin:

maxman400

Great looking Pen, It could use a cropping, and maybe lifted a little there is a really dark shadow under the pen which seems to hide the lower half of your pen.

jttheclockman

The kit is always been a top flight kit and that material just compliments it so well. No matter what color. As far as the photo, to me the pen has no definition or depth. It looks like a flat photo. It maybe because of the flat black background. When people use the glossy surfaceses such as black tiles, I think the subtle reflections you get with that background gives depth to the pen. Here it is lost. Just my 2¢ Thanks for showing.

broitblat

I think it's a great looking pen (as usual). I like the blank and the work you did with it. Also, while the photo quality looks good, I don't think I like the black background -- there are places where the pen is lost to the background.

-Barry

workinforwood

That's a stellar looking pen Roy! I think the black is a real winner as it really makes the pen have depth. I also really like how you captured the blank so it's grain flows seamlessly from cap to pen body.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It certainly IS a real beauty Roy. I took the liberty of cropping it and rotated it a bit. I think that even a slight angle looks better than straight on..

Attachments

• Roy1.jpg
    Roy1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 90

maxman400

Skip That Is Spot on, now instead of looking at a nice pen in a black sea I am looking up at a cloudy sky as it fades off toward the horizon. Now It is displayed as the master piece that it is. Fantastic Job Roy and Skip.

Top Bottom