Still making pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

Here is a few pens I did for a jewelry store. Order is Holly (from BigRob), Olivewood (BigRob), Corian, Amboyna burl. The pictures were quickly taken due to having to put together a price list and something for them to identify the pens. They put out about 12 pens over the holidays.

2006122922146_jewelry%20store%20033.jpg

2006122922256_jewelry%20store%20028.jpg

2006122922327_jewelry%20store%20039.jpg

200612292248_jewelry%20store%20019.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Tom,
Awesome work. Your finish really is superb. I wish I could say that amboyna came from me. It's amazing. Thanks for the mention. I think that was the last of my cut holly and my olive now has more grain. I'm going to be working on my first capped pen tomorrow, it's a baron. The blanks are drying now (glued & tubed).
Rob

wudwrkr

Tom,
I really like that Holly pen. I will have to get some Holly. Until now I have been afraid I'd mess up a perfectly good blank.

Thanks for sharing!

airrat

Hey Rob that olive is very nice, the lighter grain gives it a different type of elegance. Thanks again for going out and cutting that Holly for me when you did. I will want to get more from you. The rest I just hid from other az turners.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Kevin I will swap you some pens for ornaments LOL. I really wanted to get some of yours to sell at work. Next year I will need to.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
"Still making pens", and you are making them well. The whiteness of Holly makes an elegant pen, and you chose the right kit for it. It will look even better as the wood ages to the light amber coloring of old ivory.

I see a lot of folks using those Lucite stands. Is someone selling those, or do we have to make them ourselves??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom