Still a novice turner but love working on the lathe!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tieflyer

Tieflyer

I've only been turning since Christmas and had a one week class back in October but love every minute! Pens are satisfying since I can have a finished project within a couple of hours. I also like bowls and plates AND I like salvaged wood! Mess it up, no loss and chalk it up as a learning experience. Here is a plate I turned from an old forgotten shelf board. It was in the garage when we bought the house, I retired it promptly and stuck it in the lumber pile. Found it Saturday night and cut a piece off, think its pine.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ALexG

really nice, now that you have experienced turning a bowl, next time you may want to turn a squared blank, the result is really interesting and better you segment the blank

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Nice design, and good job on execution. Getting really clean cuts on pine can be tough, the bottom is great showing excellent tool control. Very impressive for a new turner.

lucky13

I have seen work form people turning a lot longer then you that doesn't look half as good as your plate. That looks fantastic!!!!!!

Top Bottom