Sterling Silver Cambridge and Lapis TruStone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizkid1st

wizkid1st

This one was not a lot of fun... It was my first Cambridge and the specified drill bit (33/64) is not the correct size... After ruining some material and a little research I found out that it should be 13.3mm... Anyway here is the finished product. (minus the blood, sweat and tears) C&C welcome

Attachments

• BJW_0401.jpg
    BJW_0401.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 298
  • BJW_0403.jpg
    BJW_0403.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Karl_99

That is a really nice pen! I like TruStone blanks alot...although they are not always so fun to turn. The results are worth it. Nice job!!!

jttheclockman

The pen screams class. Truestone with that kit makes it a highend piece of work. It would sell well. You did a great job with the material and getting past the learning curve. Very nice work. Be proud of that one and do more of that kit. They are worth it.

SDB777

I noticed several tubes don't fit as 'snuggly' as I'd like after using the manufacturer's suggested bit size......

Well turned!! Keep them coming!!!!

Scott (it's a conspiracy) B

wizkid1st

Oh no Scott... Just the opposite... The tube was so tight that the glue setup before I could get it all the way into the blank... I broke several blanks before I decided that the 33/64 bit was just too small. I finally used a rat tail file (rasp) to slowly work the hole to where the tube would fit with ease.

Top Bottom