Steampunk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This kind of reminds me of the 360 debate we had a while ago. My thoughts are the same for this as they were for that.
This is a relatively new concept and the originators are still ( rightly ) making some money out of it. It would be unfair to jump in and ask for 'how-to's' just yet. If you figure it out, then cool, but at least give the originators a chance.
I saw another thread tonight that wasn't so nice either. One vendor giving tips on how to make a particular blank that they didn't sell, but is sold by another member. :redface:

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks Skippy, I'm sure Tom never thought of it but your post is right on.

This kind of reminds me of the 360 debate we had a while ago. My thoughts are the same for this as they were for that.
This is a relatively new concept and the originators are still ( rightly ) making some money out of it. It would be unfair to jump in and ask for 'how-to's' just yet. If you figure it out, then cool, but at least give the originators a chance.
I saw another thread tonight that wasn't so nice either. One vendor giving tips on how to make a particular blank that they didn't sell, but is sold by another member. :redface:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Tom, I really doubt anyone here wouldn't give you the info if it was just for you. I certainly wasn't taking a dig at you, but there are many many lurkers here that want the same info so they can do things on a commercial basis.
You asked me a question the other day and I gave you my best wishes, but the answer may have been different if I sold stuff. :wink:
Ask the guys that are currently selling those blanks, the same way you asked me and I'm sure they will help you.

I also bought several bags of watch parts. It took me a while to figure out how to remove the centre pins and a while longer to make them nice and round. But I did it. When the novelty wears off and everyone is making them, then I'll show mine and how I made them. Until then, the secret is theirs:wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom