Steampunk Watch Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bostonbluegrass

I really like the look of the Steampunk watch pens but wanted to try and make a few smaller versions of the larger Majestic versions I made at first. It wasn't a pen I could use on a daily basis plus the cap had no place to go when using the pen.

I learned a lot from doing these Like not to over tighten the Poly blanks on the Lathe. It almost seems that sometimes I will get the Carbon Fiber and Poly separating causing a imperfection or bubble.

and not to rush any part of the process.

I am a beginner (less than a year)and am amazed by some of the work I have seen on here. Thanks for inspiration All. I continue to watch the videos, read the posts and keep trying to think about new things to cast into a pen blank. A working pen faceplate just one of my crazy ideas.

Here are some pics of the latest:

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 224

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Steve: For what you say you've done... The pens are very impressive! As you suspect - a learning curve, but the pictures display a very nice start for what you want to do.

I like the colors and the fact that you had the faceplate hands (a minor element, but not always seen as what you get in the "used watch" supplies may not be there, or match what you have).

Have a great day (I just spent a week just south of you - Taylorsville, for Bourbon Week; wonderful folks in KY).

Top Bottom