Steampunk Gears

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Shopping for brass washers became the most difficult part of this event. Paerland Ace Hardware had an excellent supply. Bending was a task that took time. The gear holes begged to be filled in with something but after an overall look and QC from wife, decided to keep it the way it is.
SP Gears 1.JPG

SP Gears 2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Cool pen John! Neat idea using the washers!

Your pics flip 180 degrees when I click on them for some reason. They look fine in the thumbnails.

jttheclockman

Goes to show you everyone's tastes are different. For me this pen does nothing but for some it is the uniqueness that would make it a seller. Looks like you found a nook. Keep at it and hope they sell well.

SteveG

John, this is looking great! I would guess you are considering how yo get the process going a little quicker to make your product a feasible money maker.

Are you aware that you can get a bag full of watch parts (gears and all those other silly little parts that help a watch proclaim the passage of time :tongue:) for fairly cheap, on Ebay?

Keep up the creativity! :biggrin:

Jgrden

Goes to show you everyone's tastes are different. For me this pen does nothing but for some it is the uniqueness that would make it a seller. Looks like you found a nook. Keep at it and hope they sell well.

'Time's a Wastin'. need to get one with something more conventional. :)

Jgrden

John, this is looking great! I would guess you are considering how yo get the process going a little quicker to make your product a feasible money maker.

Are you aware that you can get a bag full of watch parts (gears and all those other silly little parts that help a watch proclaim the passage of time :tongue:) for fairly cheap, on Ebay?

Keep up the creativity! :biggrin:

Aha !!! Ebay !!! That's the answer. Thank you.

Jgrden

Great Workmanship, John.
You are Churning them Out like a Machine.
Congratulations, on the Soldering, looks Lovely and Clear.
Brian.

This next one is a fountain pen. It will take much longer and be much more exotic, if everything goes as planned. Simpler yet tricky.Thank you for the solder compliment.

Top Bottom