Statesman pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

I've only made one Statesman myself but I work at Craft Supplies and talk to people everyday who make and sell Statesman Pens. Most seem to sell them for over $100 via shows and word of mouth. As always, it depends on which kit, which wood, the craftmanship and the presentation/display. If I had to guess, I'd say our customers are averaging around $125 or so- just a guess. Good luck!

wayneis

With the right wood and finish and craftsmanship, these pen's should sell for anywhere from $95.00 to $150.00 and up. By the right wood I'm talking about a special stabilized, rare, burl or that extra fancy grained wood. Finish starts with either Platinum or Titanium Gold and then the wood finish needs to be in my opinion, a smooth long lasting type fionish that pops the wood as well as protects it. It's taken me several months but I can finely say the I feel that I have mastered the finish that I use to the point that I wouldn't have a problem selling say a Platinum Statesman with a stabilized burl wood finished with Enduro for at least $150.00. The Jr. Statesman version would go for $100.00.

Wayne

Wayne

PenPauli

Wow that sounds great. People seem to shutter a little when I mention the prices of some of my pens and they are about half that price. But I'm sure not quite the quality of yours. Yet! I'm glad to see good prices like that.

Gary

Paul, it's all about market niche. You can't sell a $125 Statesman at a local craft show, and you can't sell a $25 Slimline to the Senior Partner in a downtown law firm.

woodscavenger

It's definitely about the clientel or it is about the occasion. I have sold several Barons for $80- $95. They have all been to doctors or family buying a gift for a husband or brother. I just got feedback yesterday on a high priced set for a 50th birthday. He loved it. I usually sell those type of kits with a maple gift box and custom insert. You can get it all for less than $10 through BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom